• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rude modal login

New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking through statements that I received in the mail. Many of them were in PDF. I opened one.

The Acrobat Reader DC wanted to log in. It's true I have an account, but at the moment to glance at a simple statement quickly, it was not the right time to ask. 

I didn't want to log in. The application showed the login window as modal, blocking the content underneath. It was in the way of other applications. I couldn't minimize the window.

When I went to the menu bar at the top of the screen on a Mac, I could not quit the application normally either. 

Instead I was forced to go to the Apple menu and Force Quit the application. Now the question is why the window had to be forced on me, why did the login window have to be modal, why is a normal quit not available, why must I be logged in to be able to quit, why must I be logged in to be able to see my other applications on the screen, do you realize that you don't own my computer and you're only supposed to provide a service or utility, and why do I need to be writing about any of this at all?

It seems insconsiderate. Imagine if your software is a person and a guest in my home. If he forcibly stops me from doing things I should expect to do in a home, he's in my way, and if he's in my way enough, I'd call the police and have him thrown out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree. If this is not fixed I will stop using Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm experiencing the same issue. 

Opening a document in Acrobat Reader opens the login modal. Quit is disabled and there is no force quit. Going to your website to report this issue requires ANOTHER LOGIN, only to find out there is no way to report issues for free users. 
Terrible terrible terrible experience. 
There is no reason to ask me to login to use the free Reader app. 

There is certainly no reason to force me to login in order to Quit the application.

I'm extremely frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines