• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Run as Administrator breaks WebBrowser control

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote a C# Winforms app that uses the WebBrowser control, under Windows 10 if that app is set to Run as Administrator then PDF's don't display with varying errors like "There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader. If it is running, please exit and try again. (103:103)".  There's just a blank dark grey page.

The app does require Run as Admin, so turning it off is not an option.

If I turn off Run as Admin then PDF's display no problem, turn it back on again and works only once until app is restarted a 2nd time then same errors.

Tested with Foxit Reader and all is fine.

This error does not occur under Windows 7.

I have tried just about everything! trust me heh it took hours just to find out Run as Admin was the culprit, usually it's the other way around!

If you like I can provide you with the app.

Thanks!

TOPICS
PDF and browsers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe’s component for web viewing isn’t a developer tool and is only supported when used to view PDFs in IE. That said, it might be related to Reader’s sandboxing and you can check out the effect of reducing security preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for the response. If you mean the Security (Enhanced) settings yes that was tried, just now tried a bunch of other settings in IE Internet Options still no go. Is there something I missed?

Maybe I should've specified also that these are local PDF's, like the left side shows local files, can be any file on system, the WebBrowser on right side was intended for HTML, XML, MHT initially, now the new version wants to support PDF's also, this is a general public, commercial product see integritech.ca.

So unless this is fixed I will have no option but to recommend Foxit for Windows 10 users, I'm willing to bet this can be fixed but my app is ready now so it would need to be looked at soon by Adobe devs, a P2 i suppose 🙂

I just tried 19.021.20056 Optional update now also, no joy.

AcroRd32.exe runs elevated but is 32 bit, the app is 64, just FYI in case.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines