• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Safari isn't detecting Adobe Reader ??

New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe reader isn't working on safari. I've tried so many different fixes, but my "preferences" don't look like the ones people post, in that they are missing certain buttons or drop-down menus needed to fix the issue.
I keep getting the message, "The document you are trying to load requires Adobe Reader 8 or higher." for a certain document, and other similar errors. 
1) my "Security" section doesn't have the "plug-ins" option (see first image)

2) my "Websites" section doesn't have the "plug-ins" option (see second image)

Safari: Version 12.1
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC: Version 2020.009.20063

Mac OS Mojave: Version 10.14.4

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 3.04.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-13 at 3.04.43 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Casforadobe,

Thank you for reaching out.

As you have mentioned above, you get the message "The document you are trying to load requires Adobe Reader 8 or higher" when trying to open the PDF in browser.

Please download the PDF and save it locally. Then try opening the PDF directly in desktop application.

The issue is not wth the Reader plugin, it seems that the form that you are trying to open is a dynamic form. For more details on this, please refer to information provided here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/pdf-won-t-display-please-wait/td-p/4788543

Also, would like to inform you that Acrobat/Reader plugin is only supported with Safari version 11. If you are using version 12 or later, the plugin will not work. Please check the following link for more information on this: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/display-pdf-in-browser.html#id_48998

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if you have any questions or need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines