Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SAP GUI (7.5) crashing when attempting to view PDFs in Adobe

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a user currently running SAP GUI 7.5 and when they use the command "PDF!" Adobe will crash the entire GUI session. The user reports it is happening just about every other time they run the command. I have updated Adobe DC to the newest version (2021.001.20138) and even tried completely reinstalling both SAP GUI and Adobe, but the issue still persists. We had a similar issue with user who were using the regular Adobe Reader, but we discovered the issue was because Protected mode had been re-enabled. Turning this off still did not fix it for the user. This is the only user we have reporting the issue, and we have several users with Adobe Pro. Please advise as I am out of ideas to resolve the issue.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It appears the issue was due to the wrong Adobe being set as the default app, please disregard.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines