SAP users are unable to print PDF attachments through Reader .20066

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our SAP users are trying to print PDF attachments that have been scanned in but the print button is greyed out.  They have Adobe Reader .20066 installed which is the latest version.

CannotPrintInSAP.JPG

If they print via System -> List -> Print they are able to print, but only a blank page is printed.

PrintList.JPG

TOPICS
Print, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
dianeb22888652 AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Customer Support came back to me with this suggestion - https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-pdf-printing-acrobat-reader.html

Unfortunately this didn't help as I have already done a lot of troubleshooting and believe it is a bug in this version of Adobe Reader.  This was my reply:

Hi,
Thank you for the link to the article for troubleshooting Adobe printing, however I have already troubleshooted this issue and these are the symptoms we are dealing with:
On all affected PCs, we can print a PDF normally if opened in Adobe Reader first

1. The issue is only happening with PDF invoices that are scanned in to SAP, then opened with the Adobe frame Document Viewer within SAP
  2. If the user saves the PDF first, they can print it because printing from Adobe Reader works
  3. What they can’t do is print from the Adobe frame within SAP, but they used to be able to do this before Adobe Reader was updated to .20066
  4. This is happening with multiple users on multiple machines with any PDF attachment
  5. If we uninstall the latest Adobe Reader and install a previous version it works again

With all these facts, I have come to the conclusion that this is a bug in the latest version.
Please advise as this is slowing down production

I haven't had a response to this from Adobe.  Can someone please confirm if this is a bug and whether a fix is imminent please?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more