• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF file saving as Chrome HTML Document

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know why my Adobe suddenly started saving all my "PDF's" as Chrome HTML Documents?  How can I fix this?!>!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Hi, I faced the same problem: Here is how I got on top of it:

1. On Windows 10: Click on MS icon on left corner of the task bar (4 rectangles or windows sign)

2. Right click > Control panel > Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs\Set Associations

3. Sort by Description (Other available options are Name, Current Default)

4. You will notice that the (Adobe Acrobat Document) PDF files have been associated with Chrome html or other similar file types like firefox etc

5. Click any one file name which is

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Larryh69182467,

It could be a possibility that the default app for pdf file has been changed.

Right Click on any pdf in your computer > Open With> Choose Another App> Select Adobe Reader (Select Check box "Always Use this App to open .pdf files)

Check the pdf's again .

Let us know if that doesn't help.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove the Adobe Reader Extension from Chrome if you have it. It has a setting that converts PDF files to HTML on download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can you see a Adobe Reader Extension for Chrome?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Type chrome://extensions/ on the address bar and it will take you to the Extensions menu, if you see the Adobe Reader Extension there just click remove

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Adobe Reader extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then you have a different problem, sorry 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no problems. There doesn't exists a Adobe Reader extension for Google Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked perfectly thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. It helped a lot. Thanks. Got back as pdf files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akancha,

Brilliant.

You are the best troubleshooter.

Thanks a million.

Raj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was super helpful, thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG it worked!!Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!  I have been trying to fix this forever!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried this answer, it was so helpful thank you. 💕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the best answer for me. It worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you saving them from? Are these files that you are opening in Adobe Reader and saving or are they documents online that you are opening in Chrome and saving?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am UNABLE to change Chromes protocols. It saves every document be it a .pdf or a .doc as a chrome page. Do I need to use a different web browser to stop this from happening? Figures Google would F-Up a good thing by acting like a religious cult and crap UGH!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is really no such thing as a Chrome PDF. Or an Adobe PDF. The key thing to realise is that Windows  looks at the file name to see what it ends with and decides what kind of file it is. So every file whose name ends .pdf is always described the same and opens the same App. So this isn't happening when a PDF is saved, it already happened. Changing the default app, as the first app describes, should fix it unless Chrome changes it right back, which is possible. Or, you didn't check the right "always use this app" box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

search for defaults in the windows search  and open DEFAULT APP SETTING and there in the end u can see the CHOOSE DEFAULT APPS BY THE FILE TYPE click on that ...... and wait for 10-15 sec for the results of all extentions ... after that search for the .pdf file type and there u can choose the default app as adobe reader... done thats all!!!! i hope this helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boom.  Thanks so much for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @shubhampotter! This worked to fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great answer! thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I tried this, and downloaded a free adobe to my computer. chose it as my default for pdf downloads on chrome. unforturnately it didn't work, and document appears as "invalid document" when i try to save it. so I switched back to save as chrome html, and now I can't save anything! not sure what went wrong. but now i'm worse off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines