• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save Ink/Toner causing option causes info to not print.

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got a new brother printer and installed it. I opened one of my pdfs and saw this new option to save on toner. When it is selected, one several of my pdf files, they print okay. On this one particular file, it will erase an entire line of context.

Any ideas? I've tried printing as an imagine with the option enabled, same issue. If I turn it off on the pdf that is giving me issues (with and without print as image) , the whole file prints as it normally would.

I'm at a loss here. 

Any ideas to try, greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume the option you are referring to in the Acrobat Reader print dialog itself and not in a printer properties dialog, correct?

That is not a new feature. It has been in Acrobat for a number of years. In reality, the feature doesn't save all that much toner. If your printer's setup has a native toner-saving feature, I'd recommend you use that instead.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't noticed this before as I forgot to mention, I upgraded from windows xp to 10 so the program looks heavily refreshed on this system. Yes, you are correct in regards to it not being the printer properties dialog, but the  page prior where you can have it selected to save ink/toner. The little check box near the top right of the pop up window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines