Highlighted

Saved file not having any of the changes in it

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved a pdf to my computer, and whenver I opened it, it had none of the changes on it that I worked for 2 hours to put into it. There were no autosaves or anything. Not even possible to revert it. Not even possible to open last file in session. Why did this occur if I clearly clicked SAVE and it CREATED A NEW FILE THAT SOMEHOW HAS NO CHANGES ON IT?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Saved file not having any of the changes in it

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved a pdf to my computer, and whenver I opened it, it had none of the changes on it that I worked for 2 hours to put into it. There were no autosaves or anything. Not even possible to revert it. Not even possible to open last file in session. Why did this occur if I clearly clicked SAVE and it CREATED A NEW FILE THAT SOMEHOW HAS NO CHANGES ON IT?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you change?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Akki_24 LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry to hear about the trouble. and we apologize for the delay in response to your query.

What exactly happened, there could have been some issue with the file saved after making changes. If this is the behavior with multiple files that you tried to save after making changes, then its a concern.

To know more about Auto-save feature within Acrobat & Reader, you may please refer to this help article Saving PDFs in Adobe Acrobat and Reader

Also, scroll down to the page and read- "The Autosave feature won’t work in the following cases..."

Hope this would give more clarity.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC