Highlighted

Saved PDF deleted the text but left the highlights

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using adobe acrobat reader DC. I saved a PDF (text) that I had been editing with highlights. When the PDF was saved all of the text disappeared, leaving blank white pages with my markups. This has happened multiple times. I would like to either recover the text of the PDF while maintaining the highlights, or somehow copy the highlights from the edited PDF onto a reverted copy of the PDF with text. I am not using the paid version of this app. Is this possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Saved PDF deleted the text but left the highlights

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using adobe acrobat reader DC. I saved a PDF (text) that I had been editing with highlights. When the PDF was saved all of the text disappeared, leaving blank white pages with my markups. This has happened multiple times. I would like to either recover the text of the PDF while maintaining the highlights, or somehow copy the highlights from the edited PDF onto a reverted copy of the PDF with text. I am not using the paid version of this app. Is this possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 28, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Emmac,

We apologize for the delay in response to your query. Are you still experiencing the same issue, or managed to find the resolution?

I saved a PDF (text) that I had been editing with highlights. When the PDF was saved all of the text disappeared, leaving blank white pages with my markups.

As explained above, I believe, this would have been behavior of one of the PDF only. Did you experience the same with any other file?

I would like to either recover the text of the PDF while maintaining the highlights, or somehow copy the highlights from the edited PDF onto a reverted copy of the PDF with text. I am not using the paid version of this app. Is this possible?

If you are working with desktop version of Adobe Reader, then changing the following preferences setting and see if that makes a difference in PDFs view-

Navigate to Reader>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected Mode at Startup" and "Enhanced Security">OK>Reboot Reader

If possible, we would like to have a look into the PDF you are referring here.

"You can share the file with us via email. And you can send it to the email address that is shared via private message. Please do mention your forum thread in the subject"

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem. Go to save after highlighting and the text vanishes and the highlighting remains. I am unable to find a solution. I have spent 8 hours highlighting and now I am VERY stuck and annoyed. Can you please help?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0