• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scanner Problem with PDF documents

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of late my scanner seems to not be able to process scanning PDF documents, particularly those more than one page.  I have updated all Acrobat files and I have tried on 3 different scanners with 3 different USB cables.  I keep getting a message saying "Problem Scanning.  Please try again."  It seems to be a PDF issue as I have scanned with JPEG and not experienced the same issue.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to talk to whomever makes or supports your scanning software. Adobe Acrobat Reader isn't used in the scanning process (but your pdf's may open in Reader after scanning).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume my scanning software comes from the folks who make the scanner, but if that isn't a correct assumption, advise.  I have had this issue on both HP and Brother printers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would assume the same although since you are using two different brands of scanners, I would have no idea why they both quite working properly at the same time unless they both use the same software (which is entirely possible).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have a Dell laptop is the problem a Dell issue, would you think, or an HP or Brother problem.  Trying to figure out who to contact.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a tough question to answer. I would assume you could start with either (Brother or HP) and they could tell you who to contact. It more than likely will be the maker of your scanning software. If you know who that is, you could contact them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great Day!

So, I found a solution!

You need to download Adobe Reader, in order to scan PDF on the Microsoft Scan App.

For some reason, it does not register, if Reader isn't present on the system.

For an extra step/safety measure, you can make Reader your default program for .pdf files.

Make it a Great Day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines