Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrolling through image heavy PDF in Remote Desktop extremely slow

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

We have a Microsoft RDS server installed with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (2020.012.20041) and we are seeing a very strange issue. Our users process the information from PDFs full of image scans and input that information into another system. When trying to scroll through the PDF it is incredibly slow and pretty much unworkable.

There is no issue with PDFs containing only text and I have tried disabling Protected Mode which makes no difference. I also tried setting 3D mode to software and setting the rendering to None with 'Smooth line art' and 'Smooth images' disabled. Nothing seems to make any difference.

Thanks

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry about the trouble.

As per your description, the scrolling of the PDF with images are very slow on remote desktop. Could you please let us know if the issue occurs with PDFs that are created from the same source? Or with any PDF with images in it?

Would you mind sharing any sample PDF with us so we can try checking it on our end?

Please collect the logs using the Process Monitor tool (https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatmonitor.html) and share them with us.

Let us know if you need any help or have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

This is happening with multiple PDFs from various sources however as I said they are all of a similar nature. Very heavy on scanned images. Unfortunately due to the nature of the files I am unable to provide one for you to test with. Can you tell me how to upload the logs?

Thanks

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for response.

You can refer to https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatmonitor.html

Also can you try after disabling "Use page cache" ?

You can disable it by following the steps:

1. From the menu, select Edit ~ Preferences. The Preferences dialog box displays.

2. In the Categories field, select the Page Display option.

3. From the Rendering section, uncheck the Use page cache option.

Thanks,

Sweta Karn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Unless I am missing something on that page there is nothing about where to upload the files to. I have collected all of the logs as specified there.

I have disabled the Use page cache option however that makes no difference.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can upload the files on any Cloud Storage and Share the link with us.

Thanks,

Sweta Karn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Is there any update on this please? It is causing a lack of productivity with our users.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mark,

Provided logs are shared with our engineering team and they are looking into this issue.

We were unable to reproduce this issue at our end.

We will keep you updated.

Thanks,

Sweta Karn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines