• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrolling too fast in Reader DC

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found multiple other discussions about this issue spanning a couple years (see links below). Adobe replies with canned answers and says "let us know if this works" then the rest of the comments are people saying "it didn't work" and Adobe doesn't reply.

The issue is only on a laptop with touchpad scrolling and only happens on very long (>100 page) documents. With a very small scroll movement the document will sometimes scroll 4-5 pages making it virtually unusable. Even just lifting my fingers from the touchpad after scrolling will send it flying up or down a couple of pages.

Adobe: Yes, I'm up to date (19.010.20098). Yes I've tried Single Page Scrolling (scrolling works, it's too fast). It has nothing to do with Windows scrolling options, as literally the only problem I have is with large documents in this one application (the same document opened in chrome scrolls fine). Please don't give me a canned answer. This is clearly an ongoing issue that isn't a simple checkbox or "restart your computer" answer.

Other topics with similar, unanswered replies:

Re: Scrolling too fast on Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

touchpad scrolling is very fast

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacobee,

We apologize for the delay in response to your query. Hoping that you might have got this issue resolved by now?

Adobe Acrobat official update (19.012.20034) is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

Or you can install the update directly from DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

If it still does't work, for better understanding please create a short video/screen recording and share with us. This would give an idea to us, how fast Adobe Reader's scrolling is.

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 19.012.20040 and I still have this problem...it's extremely annoying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to fix this problem for just a about an hour now and yet nothing I've tried has worked. I'm beginning to get really frustrated. Does anyone have any solutions? If this problem doesnt get fixed I'm going to have to go back to using microsoft edge for reading PDF's

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is amazing. The user begged not to get a canned answer, and yet that is exactly what they got.

The icing in the cake is Adobe asking for them to send a video showing the problem, when the user's description has already been abundantly clear and is easily reproduceable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines