Highlighted

Select text previously highlighted

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I use the Highlight tool for reading purpose but sometimes I want to quote only part of the whole highlighted section. After using the highlight tool is it possible to select part of the text you have highlighted manually to copy-paste it? I can't find any ways to not select everything previous highlighted. (Also I can't find a way to disable the notes and use the highlight only as a highlight)

Thanks in advance.

Win7

Adobe acrobat reader DC version 2019.012.20040

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Select text previously highlighted

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I use the Highlight tool for reading purpose but sometimes I want to quote only part of the whole highlighted section. After using the highlight tool is it possible to select part of the text you have highlighted manually to copy-paste it? I can't find any ways to not select everything previous highlighted. (Also I can't find a way to disable the notes and use the highlight only as a highlight)

Thanks in advance.

Win7

Adobe acrobat reader DC version 2019.012.20040

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 15, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What comment settings does you use in the preferences?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clipboard_image_0.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2019 0
Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enable the entry "Enable text selection for ..."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to change anything. (I've checked that I use the "selection tool for text and images" a.k.a. the mouse icone).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2019 0
Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2019 0
Akki_24 LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

If following settings didn't help. Then you may try updating your application to the latets version and let us know if this makes a difference. 

Acrobat and Reader official update (2019.021.20047) is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.
More information about this release is here: Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2019 0