• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selecting all text in a line from an advanced search

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, does anyone know how to copy the results from the advanced search bar? For instance if I search "Hello" and there is a line of text that says "hello, how are you?" is there a way to select that entire line so that I may copy it upon a single search? I am using the most current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you referring to the instances that appear under "Results" as hyperlinks when you perform an Advanced Search?

If that is what you're trying to copy is not possible;  it seems to be dependent of how the PDFs  document structure was tagged.

I tried to reproduce your case in my Acrobat Reader with a PDF document.

I searched for the word Description.

In the results it showed Description of Furniture, while in the main document working space it highlighted the entire paragraph where the word Description was found.

So as a work around, I  had to select the phrase that I wanted containing that word "Description of Furniture" for example, then copy and paste it in "Find" or in the New Search for Advanced Search to be able to continue to search with that line.

But don't fully quote this answer as correct as I have only tested this once. 

1. Maybe someone else can provide a better answer to your inquiry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is possible in Acrobat, but not in the free Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines