• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Send file no longer working

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.  When I create a.pdf, I have always been able to send it via email from Acrobat Reader.  Now, if I click "Send...email" or even try "Send...with tracking", nothing happens.  In "Send...with tracking, it creates a link, but when I click "Email the link", nothing happens.  I am using Windows-10 with Outlook 2010.  This has always worked before.  I even reinstalled & no change.  Thanks. [email id removed by moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wrkmpls,

Please try following troubleshooting steps:

1- Reboot the machine if you haven't already and see if that helps.

2- If that doesn't work, check if an update is available for Reader, click Check for updates under Help.

3- If step 2 doesn't work, go to Edit > Preferences > Security (Enhanced) > uncheck the box next to Enable Protected Mode at startup. Relaunch Reader and try again.

Please note: Disabling Protected Mode is for troubleshooting purpose only, and not recommended. Please turn the feature back on after troubleshooting is complete.

Could you confirm dot version of Reader DC installed on the machine: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately, none of those steps resolve the problem. Clearly one of the recent versions has broken this previously-fine functionality. Here's the version:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please confirm dot version of Reader installed on the machine? 

Also, try the troubleshooting steps given in the link given below:

Attach to email option is not working | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC

Let us know how it goes.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent you a screenshot of the version number but apparently that was stripped out.  The version number is:  2018.009.20050.

I am not using Microsoft exchange server (just a local desktop), so I do not see the setting from solution #2 in my options.

Turning off my antivirus software has no effect.

I have had the same outlook settings and the same antivirus software and the same Adobe Reader functionality worked just fine in the past.  I did upgrade from Windows-10 Home to Windows-10 Professional recently.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the information.

Please try following troubleshooting steps:

1- Run Cleaner tool on your machine which you can download from here: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

2- Reboot the machine.

3- Download and install Reader DC from here: Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

4- Reboot the machine and try sending file again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem with the same favorable history. If I wanted to send a PDF via email I would click on File, then Sent To, enter an email address and done.  Why have you taken away this easy solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much. I know you wrote this a long time ago but I spent hours trawling the internet for a solution. Step 3 worked perfectly. Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines