• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting up HKLM Topaz Sig Pad for Adobe Reader 2020

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues getting adobe to default to topaz. I know how to manual make it work but I can't get the progam to accept the HKLM keys. I need to change the following pieces to make it work. I got most settings in place.

• Need to set Signatures -> Creation/Appearance -> Creation -> Default signing Method to Topaz.GemSignPlus
  • Need to set Signatures -> Creation/Appearance -> Creation -> Include signature's revocation status
  • Need to set Signatures -> Verification -> Verification Behavior -> Always use the default method Topaz.GemSignPlus
  • Need to set Signatures -> Verification -> Verification Tim -> Secure time embedded in the signature

Below is a list of the registry settings I am using and i believe also sets the above but the reader is not accepting these. Does anyone know how to set the 4 points above in the HKLM also is there a link of the adobe reader 2020 registry settings? When I search everything is see if pushing Adobe DC which is at end of life on 7/2020.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\2020\Security]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\2020\Security\cASPKI]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\2020\Security\cASPKI\cAdobe_LTVProvider]
"bIsEnabled"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\2020\Security\cASPKI\cASPKI]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\2020\Security\cASPKI\cASPKI\cSign]
"iReqRevCheck"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\2020\Security\cASPKI\cASPKI\cVerify]
"iReqRevCheck"=dword:00000002

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\2020\Security\cASPKI\cMSCAPI_DirectoryProvider]
"iMSStoreTrusted"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\2020\Security\cDigSig]
"bValidateOnOpen"=dword:00000001
"bPreviewModeBeforeSigning"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\2020\Security\cDigSig\cCustomDownload]
"bAskBeforeInstalling"=dword:00000000
"iCheckEvery"=dword:0024ea00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\2020\Security\cDigSig\cAdobeDownload]
"bLoadSettingsFromURL"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\2020\Security\cPPKHandler]
"iSigVerificationTime"=dword:00000002
"bCertStoreImportEnable"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\2020\Security\cPubSec]
"bAllowReasonWhenSigning"=dword:00000000
"bAllowOtherInfoWhenSigning"=dword:00000000

"iRequireReviewWarnings"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\2020\FeatureLockdown]
"bProtectedMode"=dword:00000000
"bEnableProtectedModeAppContainer"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\2020\FeatureLockdown\cSecurity\cHandlers]
"aPrivKey"="Adobe.DocSign"
"aVerify"="Adobe.DocSign"
"bVerifyUseAlways"=dword:00000001

TOPICS
Download and install , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Security digital signatures and esignatures , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain this statement with examples: "When I search everything is see if pushing Adobe DC which is at end of life on 7/2020." Adobe DC is not a product and Acrobat DC is certainly not EOL. Please don't call any app "Adobe", it doesn't tell us what you are using. There is no more Adobe Reader any more either... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader DC. According to Adobe's page, Reader DC was extended to 7/2020 for EOL without extended support. Our company is moving form Reader 2017 to Reader 2020. When I say pushing i mean that going to Adobe.com talks about Reader DC and purchasing STD/PRO DC and does not mention STD/PRO 2017/2020. This also causes confusion on Adobe's direction of what product is in support and should be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, "According to Adobe's page, Reader DC was extended to 7/2020 for EOL without extended support. " is fundamentally wrong as I understand it. Reader DC is the live, mainstream, continuing product. What you call Reader 2020 may be the "classic" thread is for people who want to limit new features. Adobe's page should talk about "Continuous" and "Classic". Reader 2020 isn't actually a product, though Acrobat 2020 is a product...! But I expect Adobe have put out confusing or contradictory info as they often has. Please give a link to where it says this so we can unravel it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I was wondering when i was asking support in live chat. If Reader DC was like Windows 10 where it always just updates. If that is the case they need to say that better. Did you have knowledge of the registry settings on the 4 points i was questioning?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no support for Reader from Adobe...

Anyway, two questions for you

1. What is the actual version number you are deploying? Full version string like 2016.123.22333.

2. Does it say whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader 2020 20.001.30005.1013

32bit as the program install and location is at ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader 2020\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" 

This was also why i placed the registry under Wow6432Node.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, that checks out. That is indeed the Classic version of Acrobat Reader, 2020 release. It's the correct registry location for HKLM. (A lot of people don't know why the Wow6432Node is used).

Now, I've never set up the add on you are using, but let's look at what exactly you mean by "reader is not accepting these. " What are your specific symptoms? Someone here may recogise them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe i may have all the right settings. the bullet points i have pointed out, in the original messege, will not set. right now it stays on Adobe Default Security which is also configuratable with Adobe.PPKLite i believe the key is. Suppose to be able to use Adobe.DocSign key to flip it to your other signing method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you ever able to deploy these settings for Topaz?   I am trying to do the same thing for our VDI environment so that each user doesn't need to change settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I didn't. We gave up earlier this year when Adobe told us that 2020 Classic is the last version of this Adobe type. We will be working to shift to the Adobe Reader DC going forward. I am sure I'll have similar issues but will cross that bridge once we hit it. Still tring to package the new reader without asking people for a sign in but not completely disabling the sign in within the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just used a tool called RegShot to find some of the registry keys.....  looks like these two are user specific and you'd prob need a GPO or startup script to import these settings when a user logs in .

• Need to set Signatures -> Creation/Appearance -> Creation -> Default signing Method to Topaz.GemSignPlus
  • Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\Security\cHandler
  • the key aPrivKey (REG_SZ) should be changed from Adobe.PPKLite to Adobe.DocSign

• Need to set Signatures -> Verification -> Verification Behavior -> Always use the default method Topaz.GemSignPlus
  • Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\Security\cHandler
  • the key aVerify (REG_SZ) should be changed from Adobe.PPKLite to Adobe.DocSign
  • the key bVerifyUseAlways (REG_DWORD) should be created and set to a hex value of 1

• Need to set Signatures -> Verification -> Verification Tim -> Secure time embedded in the signature
  • Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\Security\cPPKHandler
  • the iSigVerificationTime (REG_DWORD) entry should be set to a hex value of 1

I believe this one might be enabled by default in Acrobat Reader DC

• Need to set Signatures -> Creation/Appearance -> Creation -> Include signature's revocation status

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines