Highlighted

Signature doesn't show in Acrobat Reader

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We received a signed PDF but when it is opened in Acrobat Reader DC the signature box shows up like it is not signed.  If the file is opened in Chrome or previewed in Outlook the signature shows up.   I don't know yet if this is a one time fluke.   Is there a way to get Reader to display the signature? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Signature doesn't show in Acrobat Reader

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We received a signed PDF but when it is opened in Acrobat Reader DC the signature box shows up like it is not signed.  If the file is opened in Chrome or previewed in Outlook the signature shows up.   I don't know yet if this is a one time fluke.   Is there a way to get Reader to display the signature? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 22, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign the document with Acrobat Reader or Adobe Reader.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 22, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply - Our company doesn't sign the document.  It is an Rx from a Vet that was signed in an online app.  This is the first time it has happened.  It is possible that it is a fluke.   Just find it strange that we can see the signature in other PDF viewers but not in Reader. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 22, 2019 0
Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the red flag at the upper left edge of the signature field. The document is not signed. When you sign the document with Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader you will see the signature and not the red flag.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 22, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the problem...  The document IS signed.  If I view it in Chrome or any other viewer the signature is there. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 22, 2019 0
Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the document signed with Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is signed via a website to the best of my knowledge.  I don't know the tools behind it. 

I was really just looking to find out if this is a known issue and if there was a setting or something that would let us view the signature in Acrobat Reader.  For now I just had the user print the file to PDF (which is redundant) then the signature shows up ok even in Reader. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 25, 2019 0
Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it is not more digital signed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 25, 2019 0
New Here ,
May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ralcon19504261,

I've had the same issue, a temporary fix I found is to open the document in Chrome then 'print it' as a PDF and save under a new name. From there your new document should show all the signatures.  I hope this helps!
*I've also had my PDF files randomly convert to Chrome so I think there may be a Adobe glitch?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2019 0