Exit

signature

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am on a Mac- with OS Big Sur version 11.1

I am trying to add a signature to my document using the latest Adobe reader DC, which I just installed.

I am not able to as the add signature button does not show up to highlight/ click.

I have checked the document security- it allows for signatures.

How can I fix this please?

N

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nsahi,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

As described you are unable to sign the PDF as the sign button is not showing up to highlight/click.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs that you try to sign? Please try to reboot the computer once and try with a different PDF file and check.

If the PDF is stored on a shared network/drive please try to download and save it to your computer locally and then try to sign.

If it still doesn't work please try to reset the preferences to default as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...

If it still doesn't work please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root aacount in Mac and try using the application there and check.

If it still doesn't work, please share the file with us for testing. Upload the file to the document cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/  generate the link and share it with us.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines