• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Since update 2019.008.20071 Share always asks about how to send an email

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the above mentioned update Adobe Acrobat Reader DC will always ask - using a panel appearing to the right - how to send the attachment. The choices are either to use the "Standard email program (Microsoft Outlook)" or using "Webmail" - a choice which, btw, is not configured.

Settings för Email accounts is that Microsoft Outlook is selected as the only account as well as being the default.

This is a new behaviour introducing an unnecessary step each time a message is sent.

Is it possible to turn off DC displaying this panel and simply opening up a new message in the standard client assigned in the settings?

Surely it is only if a webmail service is registered that this choice should be displayed!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Thanks for providing your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. While we look into the issue, you can follow the steps in the below article to use the email icon to send PDF directly as email attachment.

Link : How to use the email icon to directly send file as attachment

Please let me know in case of any concerns.

Regards,

Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Hansc,

The new unified Share experience empowers you to easily collaborate on documents across desktop, mobile, and web. Share a link to a PDF to view or comment on it. Or send it as an attachment.

For detailed information about the new features, you may refer to Adobe article What's new in Adobe Acrobat DC

We highly appreciate your valuable feedback to request a new feature or modifications in existing feature by filling the Adobe Feature request form  Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AnandSri,

Thanks for your comment. I'm sure the idea behind the change of the "unified Share experience" has good intentions behind it, but in our case all it does is confuse our users and enforces an extra step in the process of sending a pdf document as an attachment. It is not highly critical as it's a question of having to click on the Continue button to move forward but with 20-30 events like per day that becomes quickly tedious and annoying.

Is it your suggestion that I forward a comment requesting a modification of the "unified Share experience" to respect the setting of default email client and as long as no other methods to share have been set up or activated then the panel displayed is to be  suppressed and, as before a click of the envelope in Acrobat Reader DC will instead trigger the creation a new message in Outlook with the file pre-attached, to the Feature request location you include in your answer?

Regards

Hans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for providing your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. While we look into the issue, you can follow the steps in the below article to use the email icon to send PDF directly as email attachment.

Link : How to use the email icon to directly send file as attachment

Please let me know in case of any concerns.

Regards,

Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello AnandSri​ and arvindy​, this registry fix did not work for us. Please provide an alternate workaround or fix the issue.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the How to use the email icon to directly send file as attachment link (https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/send-email-attachment.html)  takes you to an error page. "Page Not found" i.e., does not work.  can you provide an updated link?

Additionally, I completely agree with Hans.  The best working scenario would be that you let users choose what experience they want - if i want to collaborate, give me options, if i just want to send this as an attachment (which is the most widely utilized delivery mechanism and for many of us, the cloud collaboration is not recommended), then just give us a one click way to do it, just like other applications do it now.  Perhaps the article tells us how to do it, but right now, we can't figure out if it does.  Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree having same issue. Can't email the PDF after I sign it, have to save then attach to an email. This is frustrating and your link does not work. This stopped working some months ago with an update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I too am facing the same issue - is there a workround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines