So complicated I Can't delete

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't understand why this is so complicated. I can't figure out how to delete a text box in Acrobat. I've read other posts that suggest you have to go into form mode but I don't see anything there either. So how do you delete? This seems ridiculously complicated for a simple action.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, you are unable to delete the text box in Acrobat

I have checked your account details with the email you are using on the community and found that you have access to all the applications from Adobe.

Would you mind sharing more details about the issue you are experiencing, for a better understanding:

- Is this a comment text box or a PDF form text field that you want to delete?

- Have you created this PDF file or have you got it from a different user?

If you are the owner of the PDF or have the permission to edit the file, please try the following steps:

1. If its a PDF form text field, you can go to the Tools Panel and select 'Prepare Form' this puts Acrobat into Form Edit Mode. Now you should be able to click on a text field, Right click and select Delete.

2. If  its a comment text box, please look at the steps provided in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/comments.html#delete_comments
Note: You cannot delete other reviewers’ comments in a shared review, nor can you delete locked comments.

Hope this information will help

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more