• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still cannot access PDF webpage after installation of most recent version of Adobe Acrobat Reader

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to access this webpage: https://www.elsevier.com/__data/promis_misc/nass_tsj_author_disclosure_form.pdf

However, on that webpage I come across an error message saying this:

"Please wait... If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document. You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by visiting http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/support/products/acrreader.html

Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries."

I went to suggested webpage and clicked "Download Acrobat Reader" and followed steps for installation (there was no associated fee). After installation was complete I still cannot view that webpage. 

I would appreciate if someone could provide some assistance.
Thanks.
TOPICS
Mac , PDF forms , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Download the file.

Start Reader.

Open the file in Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the file.

Start Reader.

Open the file in Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wonderful, thank you so much! @TestScreenName

(for other people with the same issues, keep reading) I ran into some other troubles - once I accessed the file and filled in the required fields, I did not have permissions/abilities to save the completed form onto my computer files. My only options were to print a physical copy or save a blank file without any of the fields filled in. My way around this was to download a free 7-day trial of Adobe Reader DC Pro, at which point I was able to save the files onto my computer after editing them. 👍🏽

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines