Highlighted

The Adobe Reader is refusing to print. It claims that an Adobe service has not been paid for

Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It all started with Adobe Reader not starting and running.  A notice came up after awhile claiming that the Adobe Reader is no longer free, and that I must pay.  So I made contact with Accounts and I thought that I had the mixup squared away.  But then another problem reared it's ugly head.  My password stopped working right after my talk with Accounts.  So I tried updating my password, but the "password" that I want to use was rejected by the Adobe S/W that is used to service their customer calls.  And now I having a difficult time getting through to Adobe?

Is there some reason for all these problems making themselves known when I'm trying to get the Adobe Reader running again?

Topics

Download and install, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

The Adobe Reader is refusing to print. It claims that an Adobe service has not been paid for

Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It all started with Adobe Reader not starting and running.  A notice came up after awhile claiming that the Adobe Reader is no longer free, and that I must pay.  So I made contact with Accounts and I thought that I had the mixup squared away.  But then another problem reared it's ugly head.  My password stopped working right after my talk with Accounts.  So I tried updating my password, but the "password" that I want to use was rejected by the Adobe S/W that is used to service their customer calls.  And now I having a difficult time getting through to Adobe?

Is there some reason for all these problems making themselves known when I'm trying to get the Adobe Reader running again?

Topics

Download and install, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Adobe Reader is very old software. The current software is called Acrobat Reader.

2. Adobe Reader and Acrobat Reader have been and are still free.

Please share the exact messages you are getting about it not being free. Perhaps, for example, you are running the non-free software Acrobat instead of the free stuff.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This note is entitled "Create Adobe PDF"!  Which is not what I'm after.
And here is what the note says:
"Your Acrobat Trial has expired.  Buy now to restore full access to
Acrobat.  Click OK to buy."
What I am after is a printout of file "EAQ120_01.PDF" which has been
downloaded and placed in a folder on my PC.
And to top it off, I no longer have complete access to this file. It's
very difficult to close the page that I'm trying to work
with.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, you are trying to run Acrobat - that's what the message says anyway. Acrobat is paid for software. So stop that, and run Acrobat Reader instead. Acrobat Reader is free.

If you are double clicking to open files, stop that, and run the app. 

(No idea why you would have Acrobat on your system if you haven't paid for it. Maybe a free trial, or the wrong download. If I were you, I would uninstall it).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC