Highlighted

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005).

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Win 7 and I get this error whenever I try to open a pdf: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005).

I have uninstalled/reinstalled and also used a suggested cleaning tool to rid any lingering adobe files when uninstalling. As of today I still cannot open Acrobat Reader DC or a pdf.

Thank you all for any help! 

Keith

Topics

General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005).

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Win 7 and I get this error whenever I try to open a pdf: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005).

I have uninstalled/reinstalled and also used a suggested cleaning tool to rid any lingering adobe files when uninstalling. As of today I still cannot open Acrobat Reader DC or a pdf.

Thank you all for any help! 

Keith

Topics

General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

add

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
radzmar LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

0xc0000005 is a Windows error code. You'll have to check at Microsofts homepage for a reason and solution.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2718841/0xc0000005-error-message-and-windows-explorer-stops...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC