• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The document could not be saved. There was a problem reading this document (110).

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pdf of a textbook that I have highlighted and commented on. However, when I go to save the pdf, it gives me this error message:

The document could not be saved. There was a problem reading this document (110).

I don't know how to fix it, and I cannot save the textbook pdf without solving this error. Please help

TOPICS
Comment markup and annotate , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EdynM,

Thanks for shairng the exact error message. The PDF file you are refrring to, is it downloaded from web or was an email attachment?

This issue occurs with files obtained externally. If the issue is being caused by a partially corrupted PDF file that you obtained externally, then you might need to recreate the PDF or get the file again from source.

Since its Adobe Reader freeware app, so it wont let you to re-create the app. You can save the file to MS Print to PDF. We can try as testing-

1- Open in Acrobat Reader, use the ribbon bar at the top to select File > Print from the newly appeared context menu.

2-Inside the Print menu, use the drop-down menu associated with Printer and set it to Microsoft Print to PDF.

3- Ensure that the toggle under Pages to Print is set to All and click on Print.

4-When prompted by the Save Print Output As window, select an appropriate location and ensure that the Save as type is set to PDF document and click Save to complete the operation.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EdynM

++ Adding to the discussion and suggestions by Akki_24

Please share a sample PDF file with us for testing so that we can check it at our end and isolate the issue.

Please Upload the file to the Document Cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/  , Generate the link and share it with us for testing.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Generally, this error appears when there is problem in your PDF file, or when your PDF file is corrupted. The Adobe is capable of repairing the damaged PDF files.

Or go to the location where your PDF file is saved, right-click on the file and choose to restore to the previous version. In this way, your PDF file is restored to the old or previous versions.  

If none of the methods work then you should use a third party PDF recovery tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines