• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The file will be opened as view only

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Amazon Kindle Fire HD 10. I use it to read pdf documents, and I used to edit, highlight, and write on them with no problem. Then I used to save them in my dropbox and I was able to see my comments and edition in different devices. Some months ago this changed. Whenever I open a pdf document in my Kindle I have this warning: "The file will be opened as view only" so when I edit the pdf I just cannot save it. I don't understand how that happened or why. I tried uninstalling dropbox and adobe reader, I have also restarted the device. I noticed this only happens in my kindle, I can edit the documents and open them from my dropbox in other devices such as my laptop with no problem. Can anybody help me, please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the Adobe Reader app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Edware,

Apologies for the delay in response, I hope you would be able to fix it by now.

Adding on to try67

If you are using Adobe Reader and the problem still persists, as described above, the file is opened as view only, you may try the following troubleshooting step:

• Go to Edit > Preferences > Documents >  PDF/A View Mode > Select Never > OK

You may also refer to the similar discussions in the links below:

Let us know if that works for you.

Regards,

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The option Edit>Preferences and such is available when I open the PDF in a regular device such as my laptop. When I open Adobe Acrobat Reader in my Kindle the interface is different and I don't have the Edit>Preference access. In any case, I did this operation in my laptop and saved the document. But when I open the document in my kindle the problem remains. Still says View mode only and when I edit it, I cannot save the changes. Am I missing something here? I'll appreciate your help very much.

Edwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines