• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The requested file operation failed because the storage policy blocks that type of file error in outlook 2016 attachment.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Receiving this error when opening PDF attachments in Outlook 2016 with the latest Adobe Reader DC.  Have tried to unset security levels but it still does this error.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Hi.  I should have updated - yes I discovered myself if was HP SureClick. Removed it and the issue went away. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi katej,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are getting above mentioned error when opening PDF attachments in Outlook 2016 in reader, is that correct?

If you are in IT managed environment, I would suggest you to contact the IT as this error message appears because of the security policies implemented. 

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am the IT administrator – no one else is having this issue so I don’t know what security policies it is referring to. This PC is set up the same as everyone else’s.

If you can help further I would appreciate it.

Kate

[moderator deleted private data]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible to share the screenshot of the issue with us? To share a screenshot here in the forums, refer to the steps given in this link: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

ALso, let us know dot version of reader and the operating system installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version in reader: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It is Windows 10 Pro (up to date) and Adobe Reader DC 2019.010.20069. I attach an image of the message.

Thanks

Kate

[moderator deleted private data]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems you tried to attach an image from your email inbox. Try attaching image by opening and logging into the forums and check.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A program that protects against malware might be to blame.  Possible culprits include HP SureClick and Macrium Image Guardian.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I should have updated - yes I discovered myself if was HP SureClick. Removed it and the issue went away. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue! Thank goodness I found this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran accross this thread as I was having the same issue.  You do not have to uninstall HP Sure Click - if you right click on the file in questin, you can go to: Remove Protection (has HP Sure Click logo) - then the file will be accessible to your Adobe product. It seems if a PDF or other Adobe file extension is created with non-Adobe products, it is flagged as a suspicious file.  Only take off the protection if you trust the originator of the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU ARE START! THANKS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so  much. I just purhased a new pc, and this is just one of the many things that has been bugging me. So good to have an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same error, it's HP SureClick. Had copied over a PDF file from my old machine to my new machine and got the error when trying to open it in my freshly installed Adobe Acrobat DC. (I get it that it'll open in the default browser version for security reasons but I need to open PDFs locally). But Since I haven't decided if I want to uninstall SureClick I found you can 'Remove Protection' on a file by file basis by right clicking (from File Explorer) on the file and selecting  the  'Remove Protection' option, Refer to: How to stop downloaded PDFs being opened in a Sure Click win... - HP Support Community - 7328560. Did so and voila, it opened just fine.

**But there is more: SureClick also had a role in preventing proper printing of 4x6 thermo labels that I keep in an MS Word format (docx). From Word, I could open the docx file (with protection enabled) but upon printing to my thermo printer, the print space was truncated and/or off size with no apparent way to adjust. For grins, I removed the SureClick protection from the file and voila (again) the problem went away. 

This thermo printer problem is somewhat of a niche problem that I may be the only one to ever experience but the point is if you have a weird problem and SureClick lurks, can't hurt to remove it and then see what happens. Of course, remove SureClick only from trusted files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines