• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There was a problem reading this document (131)

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need help on this. I am currently using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC version 2020.012.20043

OS is Windows 10 Pro.

When i open this specifiy document, it gives me this error as mentioned in the subject.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to open the PDF file and getting the error 'There was a problem reading this document (131)'

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

Have you created the PDF file or have you got the PDF from a different user? What is the workflow/Steps taken to create the PDF file?

Please look at the troubleshooting steps provided in the help  page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/multi/error-problem-reading-document-131.html and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

The steps as follow:

1. We will convert our word/excel document to pdf (ms print to pdf)
  2. We will insert signature using stamp
  3. We will combine pdf from client/vendor

It's a behaviour from certain PDF only.

I read the help page you provided but where do i disable the Full Save option in the ReaderExtensions tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't deactivate the save abilities for PDFs at all. To remove potential Reader Extensions just goto [File] > [Save as Copy]. If thas option isn't shown, your form doesn't contain any Reader Extentions. However, the article above is related to the quite old Adobe LiveCycle 9.0, which was used to create interactive PDF forms. It has propably nothing to to with yout problem. Your PDFs simply might get damage during you workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines