Highlighted

There was an error while reading a stream.

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and when I tried to open a PDF file (a DOC file that was converted to PDF with mainly photos), I received the error "There was an error while reading a stream.". Some photos cannot show up in Acrobat Pro.

I tried to uninstall Acrobat Pro, restarted my MAC and reinstall Acrobat Pro but it didn't work.

I also tried to disable and enable the "Enable Enhance Security" in Security (Enhanced) tab but it didn't work too.

Please let me know what I should do. Thank you.

Topics

General troubleshooting, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

There was an error while reading a stream.

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and when I tried to open a PDF file (a DOC file that was converted to PDF with mainly photos), I received the error "There was an error while reading a stream.". Some photos cannot show up in Acrobat Pro.

I tried to uninstall Acrobat Pro, restarted my MAC and reinstall Acrobat Pro but it didn't work.

I also tried to disable and enable the "Enable Enhance Security" in Security (Enhanced) tab but it didn't work too.

Please let me know what I should do. Thank you.

Topics

General troubleshooting, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dnguyen,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, please reboot the machine once and navigate to Adobe Reader's Preferences and disable the 'Enable Protected Mode at startup'>click OK and relaunch Adobe Reader and check.

Are you getting this error message with all the PDF files or is it with a specific PDF file? Is it a scanned PDF file or PDF file with text?

Remove Adobe Reader using Acrobat cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install Adobe Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

If the issue is with a specific PDF file, is it possible to share the file with us so that we can test it at our end? To share the file, use a direct/private message method only How Do I Send Private Message

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with Arcobat DC on a mac. I was able to find a work around by selecting "Save as" instead of "Save". Save as the same file to the same location -> replace when prompted. Before I did this I would swap a few pages and hit Save and would loose parts of pages. Hope that helps. 2019 Mac book pro touch bar

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC