Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Toolbar too large after update

May 16, 2014 May 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update, the tool bar and the 'Tools, sign, comments' section have become too large and occupy nearly 30% of the screen. The default display size is 150% on my PC, but still this is the first time I'm facing this issue. I did not come across any settings in the preferences area to correct this issue. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It seems like the UI has switched to 200%. You can fix it by following steps posted in this thread:

Opened AR today font size in super small, went to "preferences" and so on, did changes, nothing work...

I hope this helps.

Best,

Luc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please follow this Adobe Community Help article for the solution:

Hi DPI, Retina display support | Acrobat, Reader

Thanks,

Luc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it has nothing to do with UI scaling. Adobe has made the toolbar icons and text ridiculously large so that you can only fit a few custom tool icons on the line before it moves into the three dot sub menu. Is there any way to adjust this? Really, the text and icons should be half the size they are (or less) right now.

jp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you could share a screen shot. Please don't try to email it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You bet. Here you go:

Clip1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Trying to share a screen shot but selecting 'Insert Photos' does nothing for me for some reason. My productivity and hope of meeting my deadline are now dead ;(

Thanks for the update Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you running Acrobat DC before, and the icons and stuff were a reasonable size? Or were you running an earlier version like XI/X?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat XI Standard is currently being run for every employee and we have a standard quick tools set for everyone listing 15 of the critical options each person needs: Rotate pages, highlight, watermark, stamp, crop, insert page, insert text, strike through, form, etc. Those icons all fit. Now with the exact same screen width, we are limited to 4 buttons.

So we are searching for one of the following options for implementation of Acrobat DC:

1. Make the icons and/or text on the quick tools bar smaller.
  2. Hide the unnecessary items on the quick tools bar to make additional room. (Account name should not be on there, for example.)
  3. Create a second row for the quick tools bar.

Thank you!

jp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

I have the same issue.   When I snap my Aggrobat DC to the side of my monitor, most of my useful buttons disappear and so does my efficiency.   I'm posting a comment in the hopes I'll get a notice when a fix is sent out. 

Good luck and happy days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the solution:

Edit > Preferences > General > Scale for Screen Resolution > Click No Scaling

adobeacrobatscaling.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you robertking your setting guideline solved this annoying problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happened again giant tool bar consuming my screen 

MeHawk_0-1689610993970.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ran into a problem where the Acrobat Reader extension under Chrome ended up displaying huge toolbars that took up half the browser window & I didn't find a posted solution that addressed my problem. I'm not sure how this happened (possibly a Chrome upgrade?) & reinstalling the extension did not fix the problem. I eventually discovered that the page was simply zoomed in on the displayed PDF. Fixing this consisted of simply using the Zoom menu item to Zoom out on the PDF page. Alternatively, one can open the Acrobat Reader options by right-clicking on the extension icon as shown below and selecting Options. This opens an Acrobat Reader Options page. At this point one can use Chrome's Zoom page control (Ctrl-Shift-Hyphen) to shrink the page size and consequently the toolbars. It was not possible to do this directly in a displayed PDF window with the keyboard shortcut, since Ctrl-Shift-Hyphen is mapped to an Acrobat Reader functionality that overrides the browser zoom functionality. Ctrl-Shift-+ zooms in, if needed. You can also use the browser menu to zoom as initially mentioned.

One might think this would be an obvious fix, but the text of the PDF did not zoom very much relative to the toolbars, so it wasn't obvious, at least to me, that the entire page was zoomed in. It seemed that just the toolbars were huge.

Gregg31437003emss_0-1690918238082.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines