Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

top of window is blank

New Here ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_1354.JPG

When I open Adobe Reader DC, the top of the window is white and I can click in it and it clicks whatever is under the window.

Thoughts?

ETA: Windows 10, current version of DC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Hey Ricke,

I am sorry for the trouble, press F9 key from the keyboard once and check if this brings the Menu bar.

Press CTRL + K from the keyboard to bring the Adobe Reader's preferences window and in 'Documents' section uncheck Allow documents to hide menu bar, toolbars, & window controls>Click OK, restart the application and the machine and check.

If the issue persists, use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Adobe Reader Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ricke,

Thanks for sharing the screenshot.

Seems the application didn't launch properly. As mentioned, you have current version of DC. Would you please share the dot version with us? Open Reader DC>Help>About Reader DC

Adobe Acrobat official update (19.012.20034) issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates or you may refer to the release notes: DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Let us know the result.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly how do you click in a menu that isn't there????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ricke,

I am sorry for the trouble, press F9 key from the keyboard once and check if this brings the Menu bar.

Press CTRL + K from the keyboard to bring the Adobe Reader's preferences window and in 'Documents' section uncheck Allow documents to hide menu bar, toolbars, & window controls>Click OK, restart the application and the machine and check.

If the issue persists, use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Adobe Reader Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install Adobe Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Let us know if you experience any issue.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what happened.  At first I tried rebooting, then updating.  neither worked....

Today, the program seems to be working fine.  I didn't do anything to fix it, it just works now....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it got fixed, thanks for your time and patience.

Feel free to contact us back for any other assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me ALL THE TIME.

And so far, the only way to fix it is to reboot my entire machine, which is infuriating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this might have something to do with Lenovo, or integrated graphics with multi monitors.  I work for a firm that uses lenovo laptops and this happens to a lot of users.  It happens in file explore, web broswer and adobe from what i noticed.  Basically it puts a white or black rectangular horizontal line about 1 - 2" thick across the whole screen on top (sometimes at the bottom) covering the tool bar and making it inaccessible. There's a workaround for this issue that i found on the fly.  Try any of the following.

1 - if it happens in a browser try hitting f11 twice.

2 - go into display settings and change the primary monitor to the other monitor and back to the same monitor or change the  scale and layout to anything else that it's set to, for example if it's at 100% change it to 125%.

3 - Win+Ctrl+Shif+B

this is only a tempoary fix and you will experience it again.  I believe it has something to do with integrated graphics, but i already tried updating drivers, bios etc and still having same issue.  If you experience this and find a solution, any help would be greatly appriciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly this same problem with a new Lenovo X1 and had it on my old X1 as well and only when using multiple monitors.  Interesting is that it doesn't effect Outlook but only in Explorer/Edge or Acrobat DC.  It seems that the issue starts when opening up documents in Acrobat DC which is why I am wondering if DC doesn't cause the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 - Win+Ctrl+Shif+B

3rd time is a charm!

This is the first time a quick fix has actually worked for this issue! I almost launched my laptop out the window but now it has been saved!

Thankyou!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeden87 THANKYOU!!!!  I use a Lenovo Thinkpad P1 Gen 2 with quadro T2000 graphics, 4k monitor panel and 1080p external monitor via HDMI and this has been happening to me for months.

Seemingly at random, when a windows file explorer, chrome or adobe window is maximised, the top vertical ~100 pixels for the entire widht of th escreen will go not update correctly, and instead show white/black/grey.  If I try to click on it (say double click to restore window to state before maximise), it will maximise the window behind it instead.  The rest of the window will be usable, but I wont be able to move, maximise, minimise, close or click any menu bar items.

I have known about toggling F11 twice to get chrome out of this jam, but until now the only solution I had for adobe or windows explorer was to restart the computer.

Win+Ctrl+Shif+B seems to work every time.  From what I have read, this discards the desktop surface buffer and re-create the allocation from DWM (on a healthy system the desktop goes black for a second).  For whatver reason this fixes the issue.

I have tried so many things like installing different versions of graphics drivers and changing display settings to no avail.

I have a 4k panel in my laptop display, and a 1080p monitor.  Windows seems to still in its infancy handling this sort of pixel density discrepancy, I get alot of bugs like this that I put down to it.  Won't be getting a 4k monitor again for this reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read this solution and other "solutions" from other forums that suggest elaborate "fixes" such as altering registry entries etc...
SSD's are a ficle piece of equipment and after a while when they are starting to wear, strange things start to happen.
I had this problem with Adobe, Firefox, Chrome, Edge, IE Explorer, and other software. I followed some of the "recommendations" only for it to work temporarily then it came back, which was also the experience from othe users.
The permenent solution was that I bought a new SSD, cloned it with a $29.00 drive to drive cloner, then replaced my old SSD with the new one and voila!! No more issues with the blank bar on any of my software.
It wasnt the graphics card, or settings, or anything else. It was the fact that my SSD drive was over 2 years old and wearing down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alan98BC, Did you clone the old drive to the new one or did you installed a fresh copy of Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is annoying and was minimizing the window to view. I was finally fed up and did a search today for this issue. Found and followed AnandSri instructions and it solved the issue.  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines