• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Track downloaded PDF file

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I track when someone opens my PDF file when it has been downloaded. I know that some softwares allow tracking when, the IP address, the time spent in each page... but this is when the file is opened in their viewer. Is there a DRM software, cookie, script (JavaScript) or any other mean to track when a PDF which has been downloaded to a local computer has been opened later on by the downloader? The files are opened in a normal PDF viewer like Adobe or Microsoft Edge and don't require a password. Given two scenarios, first, the user is connected to the internet, wifi, and the user is not connected.

TOPICS
Download and install , How to , Mac , PDF and browsers , PDF forms , PDF Pack , Security digital signatures and esignatures , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not really. The only way I can think of is by making a call to a web-service using a script, but the user will have to approve of it, which kind of defeats the purpose. And if JS is disabled (or there's no internet connection) then of course it won't work at all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines