• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble downloading to install acrobat

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to delete the application as I was having many issues with it. When I tried to download again, the download begins but then I get a message that I have a newer version on my computer and the download stops. Now I cannot download it again. What can I do? I looked in my files but do not see any other version of Adobe.

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How exactly did you delete the old version? Is this Acrobat or Acrobat Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sbhor,

Thanks for reaching out. As described above, you are experiencing issues while installing Acrobat, correct?

++ Adding on to Test_Screen_Name

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed your instructions but it continues to show the same error message again and the download stops

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, 

We are sorry to hear that the issue is still unresolved.  As you are getting the message, 'newer version is already installed' 

The error is shown due to a missing update for Universal C Runtime in Windows. Install the update using one of the following ways:

Solution 1

Download the update manually from Microsoft Download Center
Once the required update is installed, retry the Acrobat DC/Acrobat Reader DC installation.

Solution 2

Use Windows update to update the OS automatically.

Retry Acrobat DC/Acrobat Reader DC installation, once all the available Windows updates are installed.

Solution 3

• Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Microsoft Download Center.
  • If you're on a 64-bit machine navigate to the folder C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ else navigate to C:\Windows\System32, on a 32-bit machine.

Note: If C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder exists then you're on a 64-bit machine.

Search for the file msvcr120.dll and msvcp120.dll, and rename both the files.

• Don't delete the files. If the Visual C++ redistributable (vcredist_x86.exe) package fails to install, you can rename the files back.
  • Double click the downloaded Visual C++ redistributable (vcredist_x86.exe) package to install it. After the installation completes, check that msvcr120.dll and msvcp120.dll files are installed back. Once confirmed, you can delete the files that you renamed in step 3.
  • Do not delete the latest installed msvcr120.dll and msvcp120.dll files.
  • Install Acrobat DC/Acrobat Reader DC.

For detailed information you may please use the help article - https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/error-1722--there-is-a-problem-with-this-windows-installer-pac...

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines