• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble launching Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PC running Windows 10 which has Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (latest ver) installed on it. Suddenly, the program won't launch, either by opening a PDF file or by trying to start the program directly. No error message or other notice, just won't start all of a sudden (i.e. this has not been a problem up until a couple of days ago). Very strange. Any thoughts on what this could be? All other apps/programs works fine. (Also, I have tried to uninstall and reinstall, still doesn't work).

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Hello Adams,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, please reboot the machine once and then locate Adobe Reader's icon, right-click and choose 'Run as administrator' and see if this brings up Adobe Reader.

If you are not able to launch it, then try resetting the preferences of Adobe Reader and reboot the machine, to reset the preferences, refer to How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

Also, check for any pending updates of Adobe Reader from help>check for updates, re

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adams,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, please reboot the machine once and then locate Adobe Reader's icon, right-click and choose 'Run as administrator' and see if this brings up Adobe Reader.

If you are not able to launch it, then try resetting the preferences of Adobe Reader and reboot the machine, to reset the preferences, refer to How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

Also, check for any pending updates of Adobe Reader from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing the latest patch of Adobe Reader 19.010.20069.

If you still experience any issue, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Adobe Reader Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install Adobe Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Then install the latest update version 19.010.20069 from help>check for updates.

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I began to have this problem sometime this summer. I couldn't get anything to work, so I downloaded Soda and used it until now. I decided to try to get Adobe working again and tried all the advice you provided for this other user. None of it worked. Adobe doesn't launch either directly (even running as adminstrator) or via clicking on a PDF. It appears that no action happens and nothing shows up running in Task Manager. In any case, I gave up today and download Adobe XI for XP machines (I'm running Windows 10). This old version of Adobe works great. If you have any other ideas so I can use the current version, I'll be glad to try them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks, the first action ("right click and choose 'Run as administrator'") fixed the issue!

Best,

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines