• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

trying to print pdfs and it's making me save instead of printing

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Windows 7, and have for years been printing to an HP Officejet 8600 with no problem. All of a sudden it's making me save instead of printing and is very annoying. I've spent literally hours scouring forums for solutions. I've tried all of the normal reasons like unchecking "print to file", making sure the print dialog selects the printer and not "save as". If I right click to get the Print option, it will only print the screenshot and not the whole document. I've tried playing with Printer properties and can't find anything that makes it go back to just printing. Can someone please help??!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016

balsam777 wrote:

it's just when trying to print from browser (Chrome)- I'll show that below also

And that is your problem.

Chrome does not use and is not compatible with the Adobe Reader plug-in. You are using the Chrome browsers pdf viewer. Download the files first then open in Adobe Reader using File>Open and try to print. Does that work?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your version of Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Acrobat Standard DC (and I also subscribe to Adobe Export .PDF if that helps)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi balsam777 ,

Please follow this link - In the last week when I call up a PDF and press print icon I get save button?   

Let us know about the results .

Thanks!

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come to think of it; this did happen after i updated Adobe Acrobat!

I've the done everything in the link you referred me to to, except I'm unclear about where this is"

Under Acrobat>Go to File>Print>Under Printer>Select the physical printer.

What do you mean "under Acrobat"? Are there certain settings within the Acrobat program itself that may be causing problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, these settings come under Acrobat and you may be seeing Adobe PDF printer which shows Save option instead of Print .

Here is the screenshot of the Print option in Acrobat.

print option.jpg

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But where do I find this print option?

Here is a screenshot of what I see when printing a pdf (and by the way, I have no problem printing from here; it's just when trying to print from browser (Chrome)- I'll show that below also

Here is what I get when I want to download a pdf document, say from an email: (I got so annoyed, I created a new folder to delete later of dox that I want to print because once downloaded I AM able to print. I just want to be able to print directly again.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

balsam777 wrote:

it's just when trying to print from browser (Chrome)- I'll show that below also

And that is your problem.

Chrome does not use and is not compatible with the Adobe Reader plug-in. You are using the Chrome browsers pdf viewer. Download the files first then open in Adobe Reader using File>Open and try to print. Does that work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh... I've always been able to print from Chrome, but in an effort to speed up my new laptop after upgrading to Windows 10 (another whole issue!!), I followed someone's advice to disable all chrome plugins.

So I went back and enable the CHrome pdf view, and voila!! Problem fixed- YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!

So thanks for pointing me in the right direction- was driving me crazy!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2016 Jun 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. Keep in mind that you will not be using Adobe Reader to view any pdf's in Chrome. If you have more issues with it, you'll want to visit a forum for Chrome. Mostly pdf's work ok but pdf forms or any kind of interactive pdf will more than likely fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines