• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

trying to reinstall after uninstall but will not complete

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had errors when using program, so uninstalled with plan to reinstall. The reinstall will not finish stating the program is already on the computer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tre,

Looking at the description given above, I believe while installing Adobe Reader you are receiving error "Newer version is already installed", Is that correct?

If this is the case, then you may refer to the troubleshooting steps suggested in the help article here: Error 1722 while installing/updating Acrobat DC/Acrobat Reader DC on Windows

Let us know if you still experience the same error while installing Reader DC.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Akanchha. I have tried Solution 1 and Solution 2 but that did not allow the Acrobat DC/Acrobat Reader DC to reinstall. Yes, the error message does state "Newer version is already installed." I have hesitated to follow number 3 requiring installation of the "Visual C++ Package" I don't want to cause more problems with the computer's function- unless you suggest that is the way to proceed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have hesitated to follow number 3 requiring installation of the "Visual C++ Package" I don't want to cause more problems with the computer's function- unless you suggest that is the way to proceed.

Don't worry tre52 , there's nothing that's going to harm or impact your system's performance. You can install the Visual C++ package from Microsoft's official website.

Let us know the result.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All that was required to resolve the installation problem was to use the Adobe Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool.

TRE52

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad that it has worked for you tre52, thanks for sharing your findings.

Note: Since this problem causes because of missing Windows Service Pack installed. So we suggest to fix it first, and do not recommend to run the cleaner tool initially.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines