• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two sided option i greyed out in Acrobat reader DC

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My user does see the option for Two-sided, but it's greyed out.  Know of a way to restore that dropdown to functionality?

Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 2.49.10 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Hi Andrewh,

As the option for "Two-sided" if greyed out in the Print window, please make sure that your printer has the dual side printing capabilities.

Also, make sure that the box for "Duplex Unit" in the printer settings is checked.

To check that, go to Settings > Printers & Scanners. Select the printer you are using from the list of printers available.

Then click on "Options & Supplies" tab at left in that window and go to "Options" tab.

Check the if the box for "Duplex unit" is marked or not.

If

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrewh,

As the option for "Two-sided" if greyed out in the Print window, please make sure that your printer has the dual side printing capabilities.

Also, make sure that the box for "Duplex Unit" in the printer settings is checked.

To check that, go to Settings > Printers & Scanners. Select the printer you are using from the list of printers available.

Then click on "Options & Supplies" tab at left in that window and go to "Options" tab.

Check the if the box for "Duplex unit" is marked or not.

If it is not checked, check the box and click OK at the bottom to save the settings.

Then try to print the PDF and check if you able to print on both sides or not.

Hope this helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Meenakshi,

I just recently developed the same problem. First, my printer was jamming excessively because it could not print double sided. Since it was an older printer, I saw its imminent death, so I instantly bought a new printer. After installing the new printer, everything printed from Adobe DC came out double sided. Since this was my first print job, I assumed the printer was the problem. I configured the printer to print single sided but the problem continued. That's when I noticed that the "print on both sides of paper" was checked in adobe. I unchecked it but the problem never went away. Each time I returned to the print menu, the option was still checked. I printed each sheet page by page from adobe on my new printer as well as the old printer. Each printed fine. I also printed from other applications and all was good. My conclusion is, the double-sided option in adobe reader cannot be changed. It appears that after each de-select, the option automatically re-selects the option when you initiate the print action. This is because every time I go back to the print menu, the option remains checked even though I deselected it in the previous print job. Wish I could have said all these in fewer words. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Komlaa,

Sorry to say that there is no option to change the default settings of the Print window in the application.

That is the reason the option is selected by default. You need to manually de-select the option.

This is an as designed behavior.

You can add your feedback for this over here Feature Request/Bug Report Form.

Let us know if you need any help

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Meenakshi,

Thank you for responding to my comment. Just to emphasize, the default settings cannot be manually changed. As I stated, each time I manually de-select the option, the print job comes out double-sided. Essentially, manually de-selecting the option does not work. It is behaving as if it was greyed out. I am not saying it is greyed out, it is just behaving like that.

Thank you.

Komla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Komla,

Sorry as I misunderstood the issue.

Please make sure that the application is updated to the latest version available.

Refer this link Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader to check the updates available.

Ty once to reset the application preferences. Take help of the steps mentioned here How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

Also, reboot the device once.

Check if that helps.

Could you please let us know the application version number currently installed on your Mac?

To check that, take help of the steps mentioned here Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC.

Did you recently make any changes after which you start experiencing the issue?

Let us know if the issue still occurs.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am experiencing the same problem with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Continuous Release 2019.021.20056.  The Print on Both Sides is grayed out yet when I print PDFs from Google Chrome I can print double sided with my Brother MFC-9560CDW.  I can also print double-sided from Word or Excel.  Please help with Reader DC!

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI All, I scoured the web and found all these answers that were correct in what they said but did not help me. I have a duplex unit, and the duplex works but the option to select duplex was greyed out. This only started occurring when I upgraded around the time of Yosemite. I have done all the normal things like remove and re-install drivers with no success. The main problem I had was not that duplex didn't work but that I could not choose the options associated with duplex like printing top bind etc. This was eventually what I found. Choose Printer features from the drop down, the Layout and change the print type to duplex, it is not greyed out here, and you will be able to change the layout you want. This is only accessible if you use the Printer System Dialogue. Good luck

DUPLEX PRINTING OF DOCS.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines