• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to EDIT Document Properties...I am Stuck!

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a personal resume from someone that was built on a template.  I have noticed that the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC tab shows the text in the Document Properties Title data field....However, I cannot change/amend/edit this data field or any other. 

The question is How do I remedy this?  Do I have to buy a upgraded version of Adobe to get the greyed out data fields to be unlockable?  I do not want to have rebuild this entire resume for something that should be editable.

Beers on me to whoever can help!!

Thanx in Advance

Message was edited by: Shawn Goodlett

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, shortly after I posted this, I figured the problem may not be with my Adobe Acrobat Reader but how I saved it as a PDF from Word....sure enough, the Properties of the Word File under the details tab was where the problem was being transmitted thru into PDF...I was able to delte/edit the info there and thus, problem solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was extremely helpful mudd13. Thanks a ton!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just as an FYI: Reader is not capable of changing a document's properties, at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines