Highlighted

unable to insert audio comment with adobe acrobet reader dc in windows 10

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

all of my problem is described in the subject. More precisely, when trying to insert an audio comment in my pdf file I first get the right small window to begin recording my audio comment. But when I click on the record button I get an error message. Curiously I managed to insert audio comments but only on another PC, running window 7, not windows 10.

Any help appreciated, thank's in advance,

F. Baldit.

Correct answer by Amal. | Adobe Employee

Hi All 

We are sorry for the trouble. I hope you would be able to fix it by now. 

If the issue still persists.  For testing purposes, please try to turn off the protected mode. 
Navigate to Reader>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected Mode at Startup" and "Enhanced Security">OK>Reboot Reader
Note: Please turn on the security after testing.

Also, make sure you have the latest version of the application. Go to Help >Check for Updates

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Topics

Comment markup and annotate, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

unable to insert audio comment with adobe acrobet reader dc in windows 10

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

all of my problem is described in the subject. More precisely, when trying to insert an audio comment in my pdf file I first get the right small window to begin recording my audio comment. But when I click on the record button I get an error message. Curiously I managed to insert audio comments but only on another PC, running window 7, not windows 10.

Any help appreciated, thank's in advance,

F. Baldit.

Correct answer by Amal. | Adobe Employee

Hi All 

If the issue still persists.  For testing purposes, please try to turn off the protected mode. 
Navigate to Reader>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected Mode at Startup" and "Enhanced Security">OK>Reboot Reader

Also, make sure you have the latest version of the application. Go to Help >Check for Updates

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Topics

Comment markup and annotate, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 05, 2020 1
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having what appears to be the same issue. When I try to record the comment in Acrobat Reader DC (Windows 10), I get the following message:

"All wave devices that can record files in the current format are in use. Wait until a wave device is free, and then try again."

I have an older version of Acrobat Pro (that I will be upgrading soon), and it DOES allow me to record comments.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All 

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2020 0
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there 

We are glad to hear that the issue got fixed.

Feel free to contact us for any assistance required in the future.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2020 0