Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to insert audio comment with adobe acrobet reader dc in windows 10

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

all of my problem is described in the subject. More precisely, when trying to insert an audio comment in my pdf file I first get the right small window to begin recording my audio comment. But when I click on the record button I get an error message. Curiously I managed to insert audio comments but only on another PC, running window 7, not windows 10.

Any help appreciated, thank's in advance,

F. Baldit.

TOPICS
Comment markup and annotate , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Hi All 

We are sorry for the trouble. I hope you would be able to fix it by now. 

If the issue still persists.  For testing purposes, please try to turn off the protected mode. 
Navigate to Reader>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected Mode at Startup" and "Enhanced Security">OK>Reboot Reader
Note: Please turn on the security after testing.

Also, make sure you have the latest version of the application. Go to Help >Check for Updates

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having what appears to be the same issue. When I try to record the comment in Acrobat Reader DC (Windows 10), I get the following message:

"All wave devices that can record files in the current format are in use. Wait until a wave device is free, and then try again."

I have an older version of Acrobat Pro (that I will be upgrading soon), and it DOES allow me to record comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All 

We are sorry for the trouble. I hope you would be able to fix it by now. 

If the issue still persists.  For testing purposes, please try to turn off the protected mode. 
Navigate to Reader>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected Mode at Startup" and "Enhanced Security">OK>Reboot Reader
Note: Please turn on the security after testing.

Also, make sure you have the latest version of the application. Go to Help >Check for Updates

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there 

We are glad to hear that the issue got fixed.

Feel free to contact us for any assistance required in the future.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here using Windows 10 and the latest version of Acrobat 2020.  I also disabled Security as described above and no luck.  This used to work without issue and without having to change security settings or download extra software. The 'Record Audio' function from Comments no longer works as it did before (it seems to record but it does not playback the recording) and it is a major disappointment for many users who rely on this function and is the primary reason why we purchase Acrobat. The Attach File option works but it is not ideal. I hope a solution is available soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. I got a message from Adobe support stating that this feature is not available in Acrobat Pro 2020. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am Mac user and need to record audio to a PDF In Acrobat Pro. I get the icon but no sound plays back. I have an interface and pro mic (not dispaly mic) Where can i configure sound settings to enable record and playback? I am an audiobook narrator and I need this to recall difficult pronunciations. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

You can use the Record Audio Comment tool to add a prerecorded WAV or AIFF file as a comment or to record and place an audio comment in a document. Audio attachments appear in the Comments list and can be played back on any platform. However, the appropriate hardware and software for playing audio files must be installed.

For more info, pleasecheck the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/commenting-pdfs.html 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines