• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Install Acrobat Reader or Uninstall Previous Corrupt Version

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to Windows 10 but did not like it and reverted back to Windows 8.1. However, Adobe Acrobat Reader seems to have become corrupted during the process, as I cannot associate opening PDF files with the version of Reader that I had on my computer which was Adobe Reader XI (11.0.12). I tried installing Adobe Reader DC but during the installation process I get a pop-up that says it needs to find AcroRead.msi. I get the same error when I try to uninstall the previous version. I would appreciate any assistance you can provide. Thank you.

2015-08-07 00_27_31-Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.png

2015-08-07 00_28_08-Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi mrmander,

Please run this cleaner tool to remove the traces of previous version of Adobe Reader, restart your computer & install Adobe Acrobat Reader DC using this link Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution.

Let me know if the issue persist.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to use the cleaner tool, as when I used it I still get this popup:

2015-08-07 12_59_12-Windows Installer.png

I pressed cancel and then it said it had been uninstalled. I will reboot and report back. Here is the log: Adobe Acrobat Reader 11.0.12 Cleanup Log - Pastebin.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cleaner tool at Use the Cleaner Tool http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html did the trick, and even though I got the error during the cleaner tool, after rebooting my computer, I was able to install Adobe Acrobat Reader DC using the link Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution .

Thanks all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

the same issue, just returning back to win7... the clean-up tool didn't help. Any idea how to proceed?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mrmander,

Please run this cleaner tool to remove the traces of previous version of Adobe Reader, restart your computer & install Adobe Acrobat Reader DC using this link Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution.

Let me know if the issue persist.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and the cleaner does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It finally worked with the kink to the new download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

above solution is not working for me with same problem.is there any other solution can any one provide?please help;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines