• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Adobe acrobat reader DC - the upgrade patch cannot be installed...

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to upgrade my Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Tried different sources like Adobe website ad FTP but always get this error message:

"The upgrade Patch cannot be installed by the windows installer service because the program upgraded may be missing or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct patch".

Currently I have version installed: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 19.012

Already tried versions 20.009.20063 and 20.009.20067

Can you help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Damianrad

We are sorry for the trouble. As described ou are unable to install the update patch for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC tou your system

Please remove the application using the Acrobat Cleaner Tool https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html , reboot the computer, and reinstall the application using the link https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

Once the application install, go to Help > Check for Updates

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Thanks for your reply.

It works fine when installed from the link you provided. However, I am preparing a SCCM package with Adobe reader DC and for this purpose I need to use .msp installers like those from Adobe FTP site:

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/AcrobatDC/2000920063/

I would like to use both base and MUI installers. This is where I run into troubles and get the error message I mentioned above.

Can you help me with that please?

Regards,

Damian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. You may please refer to the help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/enterprise/package/help/deploying-packages-sccm.html and see if that makes any difference.

Regards

Amal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines