Highlighted

Unable to open any PDF files with Acrobat Reader DC on MacOS

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to use Acrobat Reader to open any PDF files on my Macbook Pro these days. It always raises an expection with dialog window - "There was a RAISE without a handler. The application will now exit." when I open a PDF file.

However, these PDF files work well on my Windows OS. I had tried to reinstall Acrobat reader, but no luck. (Please note  that Acrobat reader can be opened, but it raises the expection only when opening a PDF file).

It seems like it happened since I upgraded my macOS version to Catalina 10.15. (Not quite sure about it)

Please advise. Thanks.

Acrobat Reader DC build information:

Architecture: x86_64
Build: 19.21.20049.354971
AGM: 4.30.91
CoolType: 5.14.5
JP2K: 1.2.2.44610

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to open any PDF files with Acrobat Reader DC on MacOS

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to use Acrobat Reader to open any PDF files on my Macbook Pro these days. It always raises an expection with dialog window - "There was a RAISE without a handler. The application will now exit." when I open a PDF file.

However, these PDF files work well on my Windows OS. I had tried to reinstall Acrobat reader, but no luck. (Please note  that Acrobat reader can be opened, but it raises the expection only when opening a PDF file).

It seems like it happened since I upgraded my macOS version to Catalina 10.15. (Not quite sure about it)

Please advise. Thanks.

Acrobat Reader DC build information:

Architecture: x86_64
Build: 19.21.20049.354971
AGM: 4.30.91
CoolType: 5.14.5
JP2K: 1.2.2.44610

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out. This issue is already reported to us and our engineering team is working on it to find the fix.

Will share the update soon.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
jiangrj LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amal for your response.

Is there any deadline when this issue can be fixed?

It is really driving us crazy when opening a PDF file with Reader crash.

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC