Copy link to clipboard
Unable to open multiple PDFs from Shared network location in File Explorer unless, Protected Mode is off.
Computer is a Windows 7 using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC version2019.010.20098
I have tested/tried the following:
- Uninstalling and re-installing Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
- Tested as a Domain Administrator on that same PC
- If files are on C drive then they open without any issues
- If files are opened from within Reader DC, then they open fine regardless of location on local pc or network share
- Added individual files, and folder paths to Privileged Locations in Reader DC, same issue
-- Verified in Registry path "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\TrustManager\" that both cTrustedFolders and cTrustedSites were created after adding to Privileged Locations
- Changed so they would open in a New Window rather than Tabs but, same issue
- Gave user full permissions to share locations as well
Does anyone know a solution to this that doesn't require disabling Protected Mode in the Sandbox settings or, using the work around of opening Reader DC first?
Have something to add?