• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open PDF Version 1.7 with Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A client sent me a pdf today via email and I was unable to open the file after I downloaded it. It says that it is corrupt. So I had them resend to my gmail account and I was able to open it in the web browser. But when I download it to my computer it Acrobat DC says that the pdf is corrupt. It appear the pdf is fine and I can open with other viewers but not with Adobe Acrobat DC. Any Ideas?

Things I have done and tested.

Adobe Acrobat DC is updated to the latest version and update.

I have had the file sent to my email that I open in Outlook.

I have had the file send to my gmail address.

File will open in Chrome and Edge Browser just fine.

File says corrupt in Adobe Acrobat DC.

Tried opening on a second computer with the file in a different location and also remail to a different account. Same thing. I can open in a web browser but not using Adobe Acrobat DC.

When I opened that pdf and several others that do open in Acrobat DC in a text editor. The only difference is the one that will not open starts with %PDF-1.7 and the others that I have opened all have either %PDF-1.3 or %PDF-1.4  so is this a different version of PDF that Acobat does NOT support?

I do not know how this PDF was created.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Adobe were first to support PDF 1.7, way back in 2006.  So whatever the problem, that isn’t it. Is this a file you can share publicly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.

This has been reported by several individuals I work with.

What version of Adobe Reader are you using?

I am on: 2020.006.20034

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm having the same issue too.

More info on the PDF:

PDF-1.7
Producer(litePDF 2.0.1.0 - http://litePDF.sf.net \(with help of PoDoFo - http://podofo.sf.net\))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D Huang, is this a file you can share publicly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, won't be able to share.  What would you like to check as I can check them for you?

The PDF file can be read in Chrome/IE browser but no in Adobe product. (ie. Photoshop, Adobe Reader/Wrtier)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines