Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to open zip file within PDF

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, I',ve found this answer

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/adobe-acrobat-reader-2017-unable-to-open-zip-file-with...

to solve the problem, but it simply does not work ...

Using Acrobat X Pro (italian version) + win 7 pro (sp1).

Pls look at the scrrenshot.

Thanks for the help!

debug01.jpgdebug02.jpg

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those instructions are for Acrobat DC. No idea if they can work with such old software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks. Btw I tried also with DC but result is the same ... 

I've generated a PDF file by converting a folder that contains various messages, many with attachments (other PDFs, jpgs and so on - as well as .zip files).

Once the PDF file is generated I can save all attachments EXCEPT .zip ....

the result is the same with DC

thanks

debug03.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok... what exactly did you do? (Note that embedding ZIP is VERY MUCH not a recommended workflow).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as I wrote above, I've generated a PDF file by converting a folder that contains various email messages, many of them with attachments (other PDFs, jpgs and so on - as well as .zip files).

I'm able to save ANY attachment BUT zip files ... (yes. I know it could be dangerous but I'm absolutely sure where the zip files came from).

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said "I tried also with DC but result is the same" -- I assumed that meant you tried the detailed instructions in Adobe's help page to allow it to open ZIP files. So I wanted to check what steps you followed, exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I tried also the instructions in Adobe's help page

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/attachments-security-risks-reader-acrobat.html#targetText=Y....

I tried EDIT -> PREFERENCES -> TRUST MANAGER ->

and flagged

"allow opening of non-PDF file attachments with external applications"

but no way, I receive always the same error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to be a part of the instructions only. Did you also add to the white list?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.. I think this is the crux of the matter! how can I add .zip files to the white list?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried it, but the linked page has detailed instructions under "Manually add a file type to a black or white list". Don't they work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I follow the instructions, in fact, I can attach a zip file, saying it is reliable.

But once attached to the document - it will seem incredible - the reverse operation is no longer possible! (i.e. download!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What message do you now get when you try to open an attached ZIP file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this one:

Immagine.jpg

(always the same!)

thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

maybe I've found a solution:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/allow-zip-files-as-attachments-in-pdfs/td-p/2274229?page=1

and in particular

48017_Cannot Open ZIPs Attached to PDFs.jpg

dangerous yes ... changing the register is somtimes a leap in the dark .. but it seems to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines