• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to optimize/reduce multiple files.

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prior to version 2021.001.20138, I was able to reduce the file size of multiple files.  I've been doing this for years and years.  Now I can't, my only option are single files.  I have Adobe Acrobat Standard DC.

If you click on the drop down box next to the "Reduce File Size" button, it looks like you pressed the "Reduce File Size" Button.

Anyone else have this problem or a way around this to get multiple recutions back again?

I scan in 20+ items a day and use this feature extensivly.  I've rebooted and checked for updates, nothing worked.

Thanks --- Bob.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you want to reduce the file size of multiple files.

Would you mind sharing the workflow/steps you are doing to reduce the file size?

Please look at the correct answer marked in a similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/batch-compress-pdf-files/m-p/11255486 and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amal,

Thank you for the response, but it appears actions are not available to me without upgrading my version of Acrobat.  I'm not willing to do that since this is clearly a bug. 

The steps I'm trying...

1 - Click on Optimize PDF

2 - Click on the little down arrown to the right of the Reduce File Size button, as I have done for many many years.  Doing this only allows me to optimize the current file on the screen.  I reduce about 20 files at one shot every day or two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines