Unable to Play Audio File Embedded in PDF

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.3

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC - Continuous Release Version 2018.009.20050

Safari Version 11.0.3 (13604.5.6)

When I click on the link to play the Audio file I get a pop-up message says "The media requires an additional player. Please click on "Get Media Player" to download the correct media player.

When I click the "Get media player" button, it doesn't do anything, like the link it goes to is broken and displays the message "sorry, browsing is not allowed in this directory" in Safari.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

You may check the application's preferences as suggested in help document-  Playing video, audio, and multimedia formats in PDFs, Adobe Acrobat

and most importantly check the settings of Multimedia Trust (legacy) and Multimedia(legacy)

If it still doesn't work, then for testing purpose check any other file that contains the audio file embedded.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having same issue I think.  Embedded mp3. Works on SOME macOS devices and not otheres.  No pattern to specific macOS gens.

Embedded mp3 clicked: No prompt when clicked.  Icon disappears when clicked.  Tried with several different icons, including no icon.  Same thing.  Tried optimizing PDF: same. Checked permissions.  Checked that quicklime is default player for mp3 files.  Tried the same files outside of Acrobat Reader with no problem, but they didn't work in the document. 

Here's the only thing that worked: I was able to get a customer to embed THE SAME mp3 I provided in their Acrobat Pro. That file, which mind you is the same file as the one I embedded, worked fine.

I have a screen capture video I can share with qualified tech.

Hoping there's a way to resolve this issue soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines