• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to print or download PDF from Google Drive - (Printing disabled)

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm trying to download a PDF file that was shared with me on Google Drive but there is no button or option to download. The only option I see is the "Print" button but it's greyed out and when I try to click it it states: "Printing is disabled for this file". It doesn't even allow me to copy text from the PDF because when I copy a word, then I try to paste it on a Word document and it doesn't allow me to paste it. 

Is there a way to go around that? This is very annoying. I'm supposed to study for an exam from this document and I'd like to print it.

I'm using google Chrome on a Mac to see the PDF document online on Google Drive. It was shared to me through a link. I have tried many things. If I go (on Chrome) to File > Print, then it shows me the page blank without text inside. 

Thanks

TOPICS
Mac , PDF and browsers , Print , Share or review PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No Adobe software is involved in this process, not even in printing. I suggest you try a support forum for Google Drive, or contact the person who sent it to you. They might have blocked printing deliberately, but might not have realized it was important to you. We won't help people bypass security, it's not allowed in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines