• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to print some documents

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, several of my clients are having issues printing from adobe reader since either reader was updated or a windows update was installed.  Not very helpful errors.  The document looks like it will print, gets to about 84% flattening then 2 errors first one says The document failed to print.  2nd error says An error occurred while printing the document.  For one client these documents were created using DocsCorp pdfdocs 4.5 if that helps.

Only affecting adobe reader, can print using other pdf software.

Operating system is Windows 10 1709 64 Bit.

thanks in advance

Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mattmnc,

Thanks for sharing the information. Could you also confirm what is the exact version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC your clients have installed?

Acrobat Reader>Help>About Acrobat Reader and also check if the application is up-to-date or not so open Acrobat>Help>Check for update.

You may refer to the help document Troubleshoot PDF printing in Acrobat and Reader  and follow the steps to see whether the printer's drivers are up-to-date or not?

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Continuous release version 2018.09.20050, update check says it is the latest version.  This is affecting multiple sites/multiple customers all with different printers from different manufacturers and only started this January.

thanks

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have just tried printing to Microsoft print to PDF and it also fails at the same place during the "flattening" process.  The document gets created as a 0 byte corrupted pdf doc so does not look like a printer driver issue.

Here is an example of a file that will not print.  Dropbox - Test.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MattmNC,

I apologize for the delay in response to your query.

The document that you have shared above, we have tested the same at our end. Tried to print the file and it was printed successfully.

The issue is not reproducible at our end and the version of Acrobat Reader DC is the latest one 2018.09.20050.

To get the root cause of the problem, we need more information from your side. For more information, you may check private message.

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry, still same issue here, also just tried another colleagues computer.  Acrobat reader is installed using defaults, running windows 10 64bit fully patched on HP Probook.  12Gb Ram, 250Gb SSD HDD, printing to networked Fuji Xerox printer, also tried testing to printing to Microsoft print to PDF.  Seems to get stuck on about page 10 while in the flattening phase.

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

We apologize for the delay in response, and thanks for sharing the further information. After our previous discussion we have a latest patch released for Acrobat/Reader which is DC Feb 2018 (18.011.20038), did you also check with the latest version?

If yes, then what is the exact error you get during print with the latest version? As with this latest release the error message shouldn't be same.

Can we have the screenshot? https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error, same screenshot.

Since my last update I have bought a brand new laptop, set it up, installed acrobat reader and just done the test and same error again so definitely an issue with adobe acrobat. Tried a different pdf viewer and no issues.

Maybe acrobat doesn’t link New Zealand regional settings or New Zealand time zone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have almost exactly the same issue as MattmNC. I get exactly the same two error messages as in his original post. But in my case it seems to make no attempt to 'flatten' the document at all. The errors just come up immediately.

It's not a problem with the file - it prints just fine from my wife's computer.

It's not a problem with the printer - I've tried on two printers with identical results (and those printers are happy to print from other programs on my computer, and from my wife's computer).

I checked for updates on Adobe Reader DC and it said I was all up to date. I ran the Repair Installation, but still no joy. I reinstalled Adobe Reader DC anyway, just to be sure. Still getting the same error messages. Here's a screenshot in case it's helpful.

ErrorMessage1.jpg

Here is the 'System Report' Adobe generated for me:

Account Detail:

User Rights: Admin

User Account Control: Limited

Process Integrity: Low

Profile Type: None

Acrobat Detail:

Sandboxing: On

Captive Reader: No

Multi-Reader on Desktop Support: Off

Available Physical Memory: 2595968 KB

Available Virtual Memory: 3799996 KB

BIOS Version: SECCSD - 6040000

Default Browser:

Default Mail: Microsoft Outlook

mapi32.dll

Version: 1.0.2536.0 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

Display Detail:

Screen Width: 1366

Screen Height: 768

Number of Monitors: 1

Number of Mouse Buttons: 16

Has Mouse Wheel: Yes

Has Pen Windows: No

Double Byte Character Set: No

Has Input Method Editor: Yes

Inside Screen Reader: No

Graphics Card:

Version: 0.0.0.0

Check: Not Supported

Installed Acrobat:

Installed Acrobat: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe

Version: 18.11.20035.264147

Creation Date: 2018/02/03

Creation Time: 03:08:26

Locale: English (United Kingdom)

Monitor:

Name: Intel(R) HD Graphics

Resolution: 1366 x 768 x 60

Bits per pixel: 32

OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10

OS Version: 10.0.16299 

Page File Space: 4194303 KB

Processor: Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5  GenuineIntel  ~1995  Mhz

Session Detail:

Boot Type: Normal

Is Shutting Down: No

Network: Available

Inside Citrix: No

Inside VMWare: No

Remote Session: No

Remote Control: No

Using JAWS: No

Using ZoomText: No

Using Windows-Eyes: No

Using NVDA: No

System Name: BRENDAN-PC

Temporary Directory: C:\Users\Brendan\AppData\Local\Temp\acrord32_sbx\

Time Zone: China Standard Time

Total Physical Memory: 4194303 KB

Total Virtual Memory: 4194176 KB

User Name: Brendan

Windows Detail:

Tablet PC: No

Starter Edition: No

Media Center Edition: No

Slow Machine: No

Windows Directory: C:\WINDOWS

>>

And the Installed Plug-ins:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\plug_ins\AcroForm.api

Creation Time: 03:08:26

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\plug_ins\Annots.api

Creation Time: 03:08:28

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\plug_ins\DigSig.api

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\plug_ins\EScript.api

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\plug_ins\PPKLite.api

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\plug_ins\weblink.api

>>

And this is my Computer's 'About' page.

Computer details.jpg

I have also read this thread: Acrobat Reader won't let several customers print.  - but no joy.

I look forward to hearing from you. Many thanks in advance!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone reached out to you brenb18624018 regarding steps for further troubleshooting?  I'm having this issue as well, but can't find any type of troubleshooting other than "basic troubleshooting", which hasn't helped at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same issue, tried everything but it will randomly happen with some blueprints that get sent in.  Im guessing adobe has no fix yet since admin seemed to put the blame on the user even though there are endless forum entries with this exact issue.  Please take this issue seriously and find a real fix for us, it is clearly not on the user's end.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI,
I have the exact same problem. I uninstalled Adobe and reinstalled it but the problem persists. I have  64 bit machine and have installed Adobe Acobat DC Reader 2022.003.20282.

The issue is hampering my day-to-day works and is really bothering. Please let me know URGENTLY if you have been able to find a fix to this?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines