Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to print to PDF from Adobe Reader on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a MacBook Pro with MacOS Catalina. I just installed Adobe Reader today because a PDF I was trying to download was not readable in preview; the message reads:

To view the full contents of this document, you need a later version of the PDF viewer. You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader from www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

For further support, go to www.adobe.com/support/products/acrreader.html

I have now installed Adobe Reader and am able to view and fill ou the PDF. However, the PDF contains form fields that indicates I cannot save it after I have completed it. Awesome. So, I try to print to PDF after I've completed the form. However, no such option exists--the only printers I see are physical printers. I also cannot "Save to PDF," because, as indicated above, the PDF fields will not save if I save as PDF.

Please help me solve this problem. Thanks!

TOPICS
Mac , PDF forms , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader does not come with a virtual PDF printer, never has.

The issue with the file not being savable is caused by the way it was created. You're probably expected to either submit it digitally immediately, or print out a physical copy and send it by mail. You should complain about it to the authors of the form, but there's nothing else you can do about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Print to PDF from Acrobat is no longer available on MacOS since Apple clamped down on PDF Services which can only produce low-end PDF 1.4.

Nothing prevents Acrobat Reader DC from saving a PDF form with its data. If this is not possible it is because there is a script or a function intentionally placed in the document (as indications suggest).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines