Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save PDF - The file may be read-only or another user may have it open

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day,

I'm having some troubles saving PDF files. I'm using Acrobat Reader DC Version 17.009.20044.25828 on Windows 10. The issue is the same on several PCs, some with Windows 10 Creator Update and come without.

The issue is totally random, is not connected to a specific file or folder.

Randomically when I open a PDF file, either from Outlook, from a remote shared folder or even from a local folder, when I try to "Save as..." I receive the message "The file may be read-only or another user may have it open. Save the document with a different name or in another folder" (roughtly translated in english from the message in my native language, italian).

Obviously changing name or folder doesn't solve the issue.

This problem is maddening, sometimes I close the file, open it again and it works, sometimes there is no way to save the file.

Checking on some forums I've found a couple of possible solutions, such as set the PDF/A mode as Never or disabling the preview panel in Explorer. None of these worked.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Alex

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem - have you found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines